From Missouri Digital News: https://mdn.org
Stories by Paul Monies include:
- 12/ 7/2000: Newspaper Story - Sales on the Internet are taking off, especially in this holiday season, but they could harm state and local tax coffers.
- 11/16/2000: Newspaper Story - The most recent ruling on the Hancock Amendment will not get in the way of campaign promises, Gov.-elect Bob Holden said Thursday.
- 11/ 9/2000: Newspaper Story - With the possibility of controlling Missouri's Senate for the first few weeks, Senate Republicans on Thursday selected some of their most conservative members to their top leadership team.
- 11/ 6/2000: Newspaper Story - Republicans believe they could take control of the state Senate on Nov. 7 for the first time in 53 years.
- 10/31/2000: Newspaper Story - In a little-known constitutional amendment before Missouri voters, the legislature would take back some of the power from a state commission that sets the salaries and expenses of elected officials.
- 10/26/2000: Newspaper Story - In an ironic twist, the backers of tax-supported political campaign initiative Proposition B have been hit with a lawsuit charging campaign finance violations.
- 10/24/2000: Newspaper Story - Republicans decried as illegal and unfair Gov. Roger Wilson's announcement that he would appoint Jean Carnahan to the U.S. Senate.
- 10/18/2000: Newspaper Story - In a solemn ceremony and surrounded by family, friends and officials, Columbia's Roger B. Wilson was sworn in early Wednesday as Missouri's 52nd governor.
- 10/12/2000: Newspaper Story - Ninety-year-old New Hampshire native Doris "Granny D" Haddock stopped by the capitol Wednesday to voice her support for Proposition B on the November ballot.
- 10/12/2000: Newspaper Story - Details of Proposition B on the November Ballot to provide tax funds to political candidates.
- 10/12/2000: Newspaper Story - Background on how various states have addressed government funding of campaigns that Missourians will see on the November ballot.
- 9/21/2000: Newspaper Story - The campaign designed to cut outside funding for political candidates is getting a bundle for its own campaign -- and much of it is coming from outside of Missouri.
- 9/21/2000: Newspaper Story - Monarch butterflies, some of whom migrate more than 2,000 miles to winter in Mexico, are moving through Missouri by the thousands this fall.
- 9/ 7/2000: Newspaper Story - The Missouri Republican Party wants the Federal Election Commission to investigate Carnahan's ties to a casino fund raiser.
Missouri Digital News is produced by Missouri Digital News, Inc. -- a non profit organization of current and former journalists.